Ministry of Education, Scholarship Wing in Kaiser Mahal, Kathmandu issues No Objection Certificate popularly known as NOC Letter in Nepal.
It is issued for all Nepali applicants who have studied in any educational organizations in Nepal or have taken equivalency degree of Nepal if studied in foreign countries or educational service provider affiliated to foreign boards.
Quick Facts about NOC Letter
- issued by the Ministry of Education, Nepal Government
- required by banks to pay application/ tuition fees to foreign educational institutions
- written consent from Nepal Government that MOE has no objection to NOC holder in studying in foreign nations
- can be obtained on the same day of application
Are you thinking of applying Australia?
You will find this video very helpful: First 7 things to do after arriving in Australia
Why do I need a NOC letter?
Basically, when you possess a NOC letter, it means that
- The Ministry of Education, Nepal Government has no problem with you in studying in a foreign nation, or you haven’t received a scholarship from Nepal Government or the final reason is
- You have legal permission to send/ pay/ get fees in foreign currency to a foreign nation for educational purposes.
Let me make this clear, so you have received your offer letter or i20 from your desired foreign institution in Australia Canada, Japan or anywhere and now you need to pay your admission fees from Nepal.
You can pay your fees in different ways, one genuine way is to do SWIFT Bank Transfer to your college/university through licensed Banks in Nepal.
To send money on your behalf, Banks in Nepal will require you to present NOC issued from the Education Ministry.
What is the process to obtain No Objection Letter in Nepal?
Listed below are the major steps involved in obtaining the NOC certificate.
- You can download the application form online from the Education Ministry’s official site at moe.gov.np or can get one in counter or in the shops outside.
- What are the Documents required?:
Following documents are essential for you to obtain the certificate:
passport original & copy,
citizenship original & copy
offer/ i20 letter from university,
academic transcript original and copy of last academic degree, if no original all notarized
- submit filled form and documents at counter 3 for ruju/ verification
- after an officer at counter 3 has approved your documents and application go to counter 2 for voucher and payment of NPR 2000 for each degree
- once you have made a deposit, go to counter no. 4 for submitting documents and take the token number they provide you
- be back to counter 6 after the time they advise 1hr with token no.
Also read: Process of Obtaining Bank Draft in Nepal
Where to go to get NOC letter?
This is the general process, some steps and fees might differ with time.
You will receive your NOC letter within the same day.
Incase, the officer asks you to get permission/ letter from Nepal Health Professional Council (NHPC), you need to visit NHPC office at Bansbari, Kathmandu and follow these steps:
Documents required at NHPC:
- passport (original & copy),
- citizenship (original & copy),
- offer letter,
- and all documents as mentioned in 2
- handwritten application for agreement form that you won’t come back to NHPC seeking for registration/ license
- filled form
- deposit voucher slip of NPR 1500 in NHPC SBI Bank account
- directly go to room number 3 and submit there and come to room 1 and wait until they call your name
Helpful videos about studying in Australia all in Nepali
Subscribe our Channel Lakshman and Sonisha
Updates regarding No Objection Letter
|Government stops issuing no-objection certificates for study in countries (China, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Iran and Singapore) hard hit by Covid-19||The Kathmandu Post|
Mar 30, 2020
|The government announced that it will not issue any No Objection Letter (NOC) to the students going for abroad studies.||myRepublica|
Mar 03, 2020
|Nepalese Government clarification on No Objection Certificates for education abroad||Australian Government, International Education|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can obtain a No Objection Letter (NOC) in Nepal by submitting filling and submitting an application form in person at the Ministry of Education, Scholarship Wing, Kathmandu. You will receive your letter on the same day.
Documents like passport, citizenship certificate, academic documents, offer letter are required for obtaining NOC letter. Check Documents required for detailed information.
No Objection Certificate is required by banks in Nepal to do your payment of tuition/ application fees to your university in foreign countries in foreign currency. Also, immigration officers at the departure terminal in Nepal’s airport might ask for the NOC letter to make sure you are a genuine student leaving Nepal.
If you are going abroad for your further study under scholarship, you mightn’t have the necessity of paying fees from Nepal. In this context, you don’t need a NOC. However, the officials at Nepal’s international airport might ask you for your NOC certificate. So it is best to get one or contact the Ministry of Education in advance.
You will get your letter on the same day, within a few hours of submitting your application.
It costs you NPR 2000 (Twelve thousand only) to get your No Objection Certificate.
Please reach the Ministry of Education by visiting moe.gov.np or contacting them.
If you have any queries please check the comment forum below, if you don’t find your answer comment down and I will be more than happy to answer you. 🙂